"We are incredibly visual beings. We find meaning in powerful and moving images. The demand for live online video transforms us, entertains us and captures the world around us - bringing us closer together."
Over the last decade, we have witness a remarkable shift on how the public consumes information and entertainment. There are more options, more variety and hundreds of choices. This generation does not view the TV, the newspaper or even the weekly business report as a principal source of information. The internet IS the source. And our phones (which never leave our sides), our tablets (where we play) and our computers (where we work) are the central devices that govern what we watch, how we watch and when we watch.
Business decision makers LOVE online video. Why? Because the demand and consumption of video on any device transforms the business of education, communication and entertainment. We are in the business of putting knowledge, information and entertainment within the reach of anyone with internet access - saving you time, money and resources. And because buyers have devices that can play videos with them all the time - buyers are 100% engaged BEFORE they make their buying decision. An always-connected society needs an always-online presence. Online video is the vehicle to provide that solution.
We are a Miami based live web streaming video production company celebrating 20 years of service throughout the United States. In 2009, we saw an evolution in how the world manages, consumes and delivers online information and entertainment. We are proud to be South Florida's choice for professional, affordable live web streaming production.
Our area of live web streaming focus includes:
- Business meetings, conferences & seminars
- Continuing education courses & university lecture series
- Sporting events (via our CCE Sports Network)
- Music performances
- Theater productions
Our BASE OF OPERATION
- We are located in Miami, Florida and serve the Tri-county region (Miami-Dade, Broward & Monroe County);
- We are often asked to travel across the country to provide live web streaming services and have clients in New York City, Washington DC, Houston, Chicago, Seattle & Columbus, Ohio. We will be happy to travel anywhere in the Continental United States to be of service to your event.
We make it easy for your friends, family, customers & clients to view your event. Whether it is a custom web page design featuring our live video player or a third party integration site with live interactive chat, blogging, text & photos - our live web streaming service is designed to reach the most people & the right people anywhere on the planet.
GONE are the days of bringing people from all over the globe to get to a conference, wedding or meeting. BRING the event to them! Watch it LIVE or on-demand on any device, at anytime. That's the power of our live web streaming service!
Mon-Fri 9 am – 6 pm
Sat 10 am – 4 pm
Closed - All Federal Holidays and November 20-27, 2016 & December 19, 2016 thru January 3, 2017
Email - email@example.com
Pricing & Services for the Miami & Ft. Lauderdale Market
There are three main areas that determine your pricing for live web streaming service:
- Baseline live production service
- Production staff & additional production equipment
- Internet service & availability
Our pricing model is based around a base service we provide to any client for broadcasting under 3 hours with a single HD camera. All additional staff, equipment & resources are built around this base service which starts at $1,300.00. To learn more about the philosophy of how we determine production costs, scroll down to read our latest article.
BASELINE LIVE PRODUCTION SERVICE
- Live streaming up to 3 hours with 1 HD camera operator within 100 feet between the event area and production village;
- Baseline package includes 1 Director/Producer responsible for the web stream delivery, graphics & power point slides;
- Set-up time of 2-3 hours plus time for a pre-event live test is required;
- Video player appears on 3rd party website for viewing & gate keeping;
- 10 channel audio mixer is available for mixing microphones, music and other audio sources;
- Digital archives of event are delivered via flash or hard drive in high definition, standard definition and mobile format;
- CG workstation is available for graphics, lower thirds & titles;
- Single stream encoding and web stream delivery is apart of baseline package.
- Production cost START at $1,300.00 - see your contract for final details.
STAFF & Additional Production equipment
- For a more "TV" style appearance to your live web stream, we can add multiple camera operators (either manned or unmanned) where the Director will switch live between each camera following your event closely;
- For real time graphics update (for example: sports scores, information updates or chat room interaction), we can add a dedicated graphics operator or social media assistant;
- A fiber package is available for broadcast environments where the camera operators must be more than 300 feet away from the production village - allowing us to place cameras as far away as a half mile to cover the entire event;
- We can add audio/video presentation support to your live web streaming broadcast, providing real time audio & video feeds to your local audience as well as your online audience.
- Staff and additional production equipment is EXTRA - see your contract for final details.
INTERNET SERVICE & AVAILABILITY
- The quality of your internet line is the single most important factor in determining the quality of your live web broadcast. Your viewers expect a trouble free viewing experience and we have tools designed to help achieve that result.
- Consumer Wi-Fi (4G LTE) internet service is included in the base package ONLY IF the coverage area is available at the venue site (pre-event site survey required) and the upload bandwidth is sufficient to have a standard definition live stream (bandwidth usage charges may apply depending on length of event);
- We strongly recommend that all clients utilize a dedicated internet line or a bonded cellular package for all events (especially those indoors). A reliable and consistent internet connection is necessary to achieve a "buffer" free viewing experience and allow that experience to be seen across multiple devices and platforms. The recommended minimum upload speed is 5.0Mbps. HD video or encoding a multi-bitrate live streaming session should have a minimum upload speed of 10.0Mbps or greater. We will work closely with your IT or tech department to make sure that your internet line is optimized for live web streaming.
- Dedicated internet lines are often provided at the venue site and may cost you extra. Check with your facility vendor for details. We can provide you with a bonded cellular solution at an additional cost. (see your contract for details & specific requirements).
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT/SERVICES AVAILABLE
- 3-point or 4-point lighting package - Lighting package available for event spaces that are traditionally dark like conference room spaces. Lighting is a critical component of live web streaming in indoor environments - we recommend you set aside a portion of your budget to insure adequate lighting in the event space;
- Audio presentation services - Two 400 watt speakers with audio mixer, 2 wireless microphones, 3 hand-held wired microphones and audio technician are available in this package. Additional microphones, wireless equipment or other audio sources may be extra based on your event needs;
- Additional HD Camera Operators - We can provide up to 8 High Definition camera operators for your event.
- Production Assistant, Graphics Operator or Audio Operator - Production staff available for live graphics, audio or other live production needs. Live broadcast staff insures a trouble free event as it allows specific broadcast duties to be assigned to a specific technician instead of a "one person does it all" approach;
- Director, Technical Director or Producer - The most important positions of any live broadcast is the Director, Technical Director and producer - these individuals determine the look & feel of your broadcast. We recommend you set aside a portion of your budget to include these key personnel in large live stream productions;
- Fiber & Communication Package - available for events greater than 300 feet from the production video village. We offer a fiber/communication package that can allow our camera crew to be as far away as a mile from the production village;
- Social Media Director & Photographer - live web photo blogging, social media updates and chat room interactions are available thru our photographer or social media director;
- Misc services/requirements can include but are not limited to: weather protection gear, generators (& other electrical sources), lodging, reference monitors, IFBs, confidence monitors, custom web design and/or dedicated internet line.
- Talk to your account representative for all additional services that can be added to your final contract to insure a world class live web streaming production.
How To Figure Out Video Production Cost
Pricing out video production can be tricky. Ask someone in the industry for help and you will likely get the typical answer..."it depends." Not very helpful when you are planning a budget and trying to figure out your video production costs. It is the main reason why so many Florida production companies don't advertise their prices.
It drives us crazy when we can't find pricing at a website, so we at least try to give you some ballpark figures. While we are happy to prepare a quote for you anytime during your budget planning process, we thought we give you a little "philosophy" behind how we prepare your quote.
BASE PRICING - "Our Day Rate"
First things first. We don't charge by the hour. We are sometimes told that a project will only lasts a hour; however, clients don't see all of the pre and post-production activities that take place. Things like travel time to and from the shoot, color correcting the video in post-production, changing out a power point slide and converting the files into something the client can use are all apart of your project. In short, video production takes a lot more than a hour.
We have a base rate for all of our projects. A base rate is defined as the minimum requirement needed in personnel, time, resources and assets to complete a 3 hour live web streaming project. No matter whether your event is 1 hour long or 2 days long, there is a minimum cost associated with making a live web streaming project work for you. While we may offer some price breaks or discounts based on your event, your live streaming project will always start at $1,300.00.
WHY DOES THE PRICE KEEP GOING UP - "Add on services"
Base pricing contains minimum service requirements. While minimum is good, it is not always the best choice for your project. If we are preparing a quote for a formula racing event on a 2.5 mile race track, minimum won't do your project justice. If we are preparing a quote for a 2 hour corporate meeting with a single presenter with music and power point slides, minimum may just be enough.
Live web streaming is a premium service offer by video production companies - so the more "TV style" you want your video production, the higher the cost will be. Additional camera operators, additional personnel, additional equipment is the reason the price keeps going up - and this should not be viewed as a bad thing. There is a reason why the Grammy's look so good on TV - there are many people and lots of equipment contributing to the final video production. And while you may not have a "Grammy Budget," we can definitely find a budget for you that will allow you to have the best look with the right amount of personnel, equipment and assets.
The image of your company, your brand and your event is your most marketable asset. You want your live web streaming event to mirror the very best your company has to offer and this can't be done on the cheap. However, live streaming has evolved to be accessible to just about everyone. Never before in the history of video production has their been a time that you can get a multi-camera, TV look and feel to your event for a price that is truly affordable for everyone.
LET'S BREAK DOWN THE PROCESS FOR HOW WE PREPARE YOUR QUOTE AND THE TIME COMMITMENT NEEDED FOR YOUR EVENT
Concept Planning/Meeting -
The first thing is simply getting on the same page with the client to make sure we’re producing what they need to meet their goals. At this point, we’ve likely already met or talked extensively with the client before preparing their video proposal, so this concept planning meeting typically only takes about 30-minutes to 1-hour and can be done in-person or over the phone. We do things like:
- outline the approach to the video and who the target audience will be;
- discuss with the client the subject matter, people involved in delivering the subject matter and raw video that must appear in the video;
- discuss what tools are needed to enhance the production's on-air value (power point slides, music, panel discussions, chat room Q&A, etc);
- discuss how many cameras, production personnel and equipment is needed so the target audience feels like they are at the event listening, understanding, interacting and enjoying every moment of the broadcast;
- discuss internet service, availability and technical requirements to get your event online for the world to see.
Next, we start to assemble all the things we’ll need during the shoot. This can take anywhere from 1-2 hours. Preparations include:
- create any necessary shot lists (based on the concept meeting);
- prepare on-air value assets (based on the concept meeting);
- prepare equipment (checking/testing the camera, lights, media cards, tripod);
- create the live web stream page where viewers will go to watch your event.
Live Video Shoot
The day of the video shoot is the most obvious to people because we’re "on-site" so what we do is on display. It starts with us arriving 2 to 4 hours prior to your event to set-up all of our equipment, to maximize the placement of all of our equipment and to do the all important stress test of your internet line connection. The stress test is the time we need to test, troubleshoot and diagnose any problems with the internet line connection that will allow us to get your event online. Sometimes we can plug and go - but often, we will spend time with your IT department getting the most out of your internet connection for a trouble free production.
We often will recommend that we set-up and test the day before your event - allowing us another "business day" to troubleshoot any issues that may arise prior to the start of your event. Once the event has concluded, 1 to 2 hours is need to tear down all of the equipment and return to our office.
Post-Production/Preparing Online Files/Curating Live web stream page
This is where additional time gets spent that the client never gets to see. It is the other "it depends" variable mentioned above. How much time gets spent in post-production varies depending on what the client needs and and the amount of video that that has to be inspected. If you require us to re-edit all of the live stream video, then we have to edit video according to an approve script, add the relevant graphics, provide preview videos for the client to approve and discuss any minor changes needed. If you require us to prepare your live stream video for You Tube or another online consumption platform, we will have to encode all of your videos to the online service you are using for your archives.
Finally we have to give you a copy of all of the live stream videos (both the HD files and the live stream files). This can take anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours depending on how long your project was live streaming.
Taking into consideration each of those phases...concept planning, pre-production, video shoot and post-production...most projects take 3 or more days to complete (not including multiple project days). The average 2 day live web streaming corporate event can range between $1,600 and $4,000. The average 1 day sporting, music or theater event can range between $2,000 and $6,000. These are averages and your mileage & situation may vary but this will give you an idea of a budget you will need to take advantage of the power and reach of live web steaming services. Let us put a proposal together that works for you.
Contract Login & Online Reservation System for Live Web Streaming Customers
Empire Video Productions, LLC utilizes an online contract & management system that allows you to plan, prepare, digitally sign and make contract payments online at anytime. Choose the service you need, the venue where your event will be located and plan out your entire broadcast using any of our online planning worksheets.
Start below by entering the date of your event to see if we are available. Fill out the "new reservation request" form that appears and we will email you within 48 hours with information or a contract for you to review. If you need to speak to us, call 305-695-0095 Monday thru Friday 10am to 6pm.
EMPLOYEE & CONTRACTOR LOG-IN
If you are an employee or free lance contractor for Empire Video Productions, LLC or any of our divisions, you can log in to your employee account to see what projects are available, what your next assignment will be and any notes left for you by the management team. All equipment assigned to you will be on your account along with your expense report and your payment voucher.
The benefits of live web streaming for your business
Challenge: What is the best way to bring 48 dealerships together from across the deep south to talk about the challenges, opportunities and direction for the new year? The General Managers and their top sales teams are needed in their stores - providing leadership and direction. A day or two missed at the office can mean loss revenue and lose income opportunities - not to mention the expense of travel to West Palm Beach, Florida.
Solution: Our live web streaming production crew teamed up with our Ft. Lauderdale video production partners to provide a live web streaming solution - a first for the Region 4 Acura dealers. By combining the dealership's normal interactive conference call with a collaborative live stream with the executive team, the dealerships were able to receive the information they need while maintaining their presence in their individual stores.
Client: TECLA Awards 2016
Challenge: When Hispanicize had tremendous success with the 1st Annual TECLA Awards in 2015, they realized they had missed a key market in their outreach - the online live web streaming market. In 2016, they sought to change that omission. The annual TECLA Awards was created to recognize excellence in Latino blogging, micro-blogging, social media and digital marketing. Because their primary emphasis was on the online market, it only made sense to use live web streaming to reach out to their core Latino audience.
Solution: Our live web streaming production crew teamed up with the global public relations and communications firm Burston-Marsteller in Miami to bring a 3 camera live web streaming solution to the 2nd annual awards ceremony in Miami. The challenge was dealing with a local club venue that was not optimized for high speed internet traffic and service and to provide a live broadcast that would meet the needs and expectations of audiences throughout the United States and Latin America.
Client: Travelball Select
Project: TravelBall Select is one of the nation's premier tournament organizations - providing organized, competitive tournaments and a team ranking system for youth baseball teams across the United States. Often they are called upon to enter into a market where they need live web streaming services and areunable to use their normal production house. TBS needed their qualifying national championship matches live streamed to the same production standard they were use too and called upon our services.
Scope of Work & Challenges: Teaming up with our Ft. Lauderdale production partners, we provided TBS with a 5 camera live web streaming production of a number of qualifying championship matches in Ft. Lauderdale. Live web streaming outdoor events are challenging - weather conditions, internet availability and camera placements due to distances all make for a challenging environment. TBS had to rely on our 5 years of experience in the live web streaming sports space to provide the type of coverage they were used to getting.
Client: FARA USA
Project: FARA USA is the largest formula racing organization in South Florida producing 6 pro-am road racing events throughout the year at the Homestead Motor Speedway. These 6 races make up the FARA 1000 Cup. The team at FARA USA wanted to expand their fan base, corporate sponsorship & marketing reach in Florida and South America by introducing live web streaming to one of their largest racing event.
Scope of Work & Challenges: The Sunset 300 is a two day race that includes a 4 hour night-time race on day 1 and three 1 hour sprint races on day 2. The Homestead Motor Speedway in-field race track is 2.3 miles long creating camera distances as much as 4000 feet away from our production hub. The challenge was to create a 7-camera production team that would cover the entire in-field race track while having an effective communication platform that could reach a heavily modified 12 man production team. The 2nd challenge was to produce this broadcast on a very lean budget with two play by play announcers in challenging weather conditions in a less than ideal broadcast environment.
Project: Every two years, the Federal Highway Administration and the Department of Transportation produce the Every Day Counts summit initiative - a state-based planning & communication model to identify and rapidly deploy proven but underutilized innovations to shorten the project delivery process, enhance roadway safety, reduce congestion and improve environmental sustainability. In 2014, EDC-3 traveled to 7 different cities in 2 1/2 months to meet with local, regional & state transportation officials to discuss these new plans and innovations. UPDATE: Due to the impact the live web streaming process made in 2014, EDC-4 for 2016 (which will travel to 5 to 7 cities in the US) has retained Empire Video Productions and Sonshine Communications once again to provide video production services.
Scope of Work & Challenges: The EDC-3 summit was held in Arizona, California, Kentucky, Maine, Missouri, North Carolina and Washington, DC. Working in conjunction with South Florida's leading PR & Media Relations firm (Sonshine Communications), each two day conference required coordination with venue A/V personnel, IT personnel and logistics coordination to effectively put on each live web streaming broadcast. In the California market, our client required two simultaneous live streaming broadcasts covering two sessions at the same time. Each web session required multiple power point inclusions along with a live interactive chat for viewers to ask questions of the presenters. In addition, due to one city venue unable to provide audio services, we were asked to include an audio presentation package alongside our live streaming service. Multiple sessions, dual live streaming sessions in California, back to back sessions in multiple cities in one week and coordinating with 3 different organizations required us to be meticulous in our detail and planning at every stage of the broadcast.
Project: The Team at the CCE Sports Network (A division of Empire Video Productions) was asked to return to the IGLFA to live stream their World Soccer Championship event in Portland, OR.
Solution: After a successful IGLFA World Championship broadcast in Cleveland, OH in 2014, our crew was asked to make the trek out to Portland, OR to cover this 5 day tournament event being held in two locations - Owens Sports Complex for the preliminary and playoff rounds and Providence Park for the Championship matches. It was a pleasure to film from the home stadium of the MLS National Champion Portland Timbers and give soccer fans across the world a chance to see this year's IGLFA World Championship at Providence Park. Coordinating production crews from both Miami and Portland while coordinating our play by play production team from San Francisco and Washington DC was our biggest challenge to insure sports fans had a great online viewing experience.
Project: The Tech B Conference was designed is to create partnerships, share information, search for solutions to emerging problems and shape the work of behavior professionals using technology. For the 2016 conference, the focus was how innovative robotic practices could be used in behavior analysis and educational assistance.
Solution: M.A.B.A. realized that it had students and industry professionals all over the world who could benefit by attending this conference but may not have a practical way to travel to Miami, FL. Because earning CEU credits is an important part of the continuing education process, there had to be a solution that allowed students and professionals to get access to the information, ask pertinent questions and review the material at their leisure. Our live web streaming solution with an interactive Q&A chat room provided viewers all over the world the ability to watch and participate in the conference. This was the 2nd time we had worked with the Miami Association for Behavior Analysis to provide live streaming services to the CEU courses.
Project: Small tennis tournaments are often challenged by resources and personnel to put on their events. An even greater challenge is to introduce a new service that can easily out grow any budget. The Queen City Tennis Association decided that in their 2nd year of hosting this tournament, they wanted live web streaming just like their sister tournament in Columbus, Ohio - a tournament we have broadcasted live since 2013. The Queen City Open may its online debut this year at the Lindner Family Tennis Center in Cincinnati, OH.
Solution: In our 2nd professional stadium in as many weeks in 2016, the CCE Sports Network crew headed out to the Lindner Family Tennis Center (home to the WTA Western and Southern Open) to live stream this small Midwestern tennis tournament where 75 athletes came out to compete in Open, A, B, C and D division competitive play. This three day tournament featured players of all skill levels competing on the very same stadium court with the likes of pro players like Andy Murray, John Isner, Karolina Pliskova and Angelique Kerber.